Shadow Name: Alice Matsuda
Concept and Inspirations:
Known Past Edit
- 1924: Alice is born in the Bay Area to Japanese American parents who were both first-generation born in the United States. Her family is very well-off, and she wants for nothing.
- 1929: Alice starts taking dance classes. She uses this as a relief from stress and anxiety later in life.
- 1938: Alice attends high school, and does remarkably well.
- 1941: The Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. Alice's family flies an American flag and does all they can for relief efforts and aid.
- 1942: The Matsudas are sent to Tanforan Internment Camp. Alice Awakens. After many months of living in the camp, Alice is given leave papers to attend the University of California
- 1943: Alice keeps her head down at UC, being a model citizen and staying in after curfew.
Character Description Edit
Alice is a beautiful girl, with thin, delicate bone structure, and a slight frame. She's built athletically, but softer, like a runner or dancer rather than a weightlifter. She is clearly of Japanese descent, with large eyes that are technically hazel, but seem to run a gamut between green, silver and brown depending on her mood, the weather, and the relative positions of the stars. Her hair is long and so brown it's almost black, usually worn in a French braid, or bun, off her face.
The world is saturated and stylized around her, like a traditional wall scroll. Her own lines are clearly defined and angular, and she becomes elongated and thin, almost razor sharp and imperial. Regal. Like the queen of the faeries. Time slows and everything feels fated. Destined.
Facts and Rumour Edit
- Alice has been seen knocking around town with a wealthy, handsome, all-American boy
- It's rumored Alice has been seen sneaking back into her dormitory after curfew
- Katharine McPhee - "Run"
- Fort Minor - "Kenji"
- Gotye - "Noir Excursion"
- Conjure One - "Extraordinary Ways"
- Duran Duran - "Ordinary World"
- Florence + The Machine - "Shake It Out"
- Fort Minor - "Right Now"
- Fun. - "Some Nights"
- Fun. - "Carry On"
- Linkin Park - "When They Come for Me"
- Linkin Park - "The Requiem"
- Linkin Park - "The Radiance"
- Matt Nathanson - "Romeo and Juliet"
- Matt Nathanson - "Room @ the End of the World"
- Rob Thomas - "Streetcorner Symphony"
- Seal - "Don't Cry"
- Everlast - "What It's Like"
(Feel free to add as you see fit)